Obanzai cooking class: learn how to extract the essence underlying the flavors, this is known as Dashi, the cornerstone of Japanese cuisine.
You can learn how to cook the traditional home style cooking of Kyoto called ‘Obanzai’.
In this class, using “Katsuo-bushi” which is dried bonito is the most important thing to make ‘dashi (roth)’ for the “Obanzai”.
You can try make dashi with the shave dried bonito, and it will be a basic taste of Obanzai.
Obanzai is a healthy meal for your beautiful body and mind.
Menu < A bowl of soup and Two dishes >
- Dashimaki Tamago ( Japanese-style rolled omelette )
- Sumashi-jiru ( clear soup stock )
- Main dishes ( cooked Kyoto local vegetables,etc. )
- Onigiri (rice ball with katsuo-bushi )
5,000yen / per person
Special gift : Sumaya×ENSO ANGO original tenugui towel
- about 2 hours
ENSO ANGO TOMI Ⅰ Guest Kitchen
152 Sujiyacho, Takatsuji-agaru, Tominokoji-dori, Shimogyo-ku, Kyoto 600-8061 Japan
- Max. No. of participants available
- 2-8 persons
- Staff of Sumaya Traditional Kyoto-style Cooking School
- What to Bring
- （ENSO ANGO original tenugui towel will be provided ）
- Application deadline
- 5 days before
- In the case of no show, 100% cancellation fee will be applied
For the first time, a priest from the temple Kenninji Ryosokuin in Gion will teach Zen meditation in a hotel.
Yoga : unwind your body and connect with your inner soul
KYOTO CRAFTSMAN'S TALK
Kyoto craft workshop : “See, listen, feel” of Kyoto’s craftsmanship
Exploring Kyoto in Kimono
Running and walking experience throughout the different aspects of Kyoto
Learn how to extract the essence underlying the flavors, this is known as Dashi, the cornerstone of Japanese cuisine.